Thursday, September 22, 2011

TVD and TSC Week 2

I'm going to jump right in today and try to keep it short as possible. Oh my goodness, I think we finally made real progress on the Delena front this week on TVD! Elena admitted that the reason she decided to leave the mountains (and the hunt to find a werewolf pack) is that she cares about Damon and doesn't want to see him get hurt again. And Damon is going to help Elena get Stefan back, granted he wants her to remember how she feels about him during Stefan's absence because she might not want Stefan back once they do. I was surprised to see that Klaus's hybrid idea didn't work at the end of the episode, but I might have missed something. I know Stefan killed the first one Klaus made when saving Damon. Yeah apparently, Stefan isn't so far gone that he won't save his brother from harm. That's a good sign. I really don't want Elena to choose either brother by default. That would be unsatisfactory. I genuinely want Elena to choose Damon over Stefan. I almost felt bad for Klaus at the end of the episode. It seems like he doesn't want to be alone, which led to his saving Stefan from a hybrid bite. Anyways, this episode saw the return of Anna who came to warn Jeremy and Matt to not bring Vicky back. I'm really interested to see where this storyline goes. Tyler's mother finally saw him turn into a werewolf, which convinced her that torturing Caroline for being a vampire might not be such a good idea. She was just looking out for him, and I can't hold that against her. On the other hand, I can't believe that Caroline's own father is willing to hurt her just because she's not human anymore. Ugh. Lastly, Elena was able to convince Alaric to come back. Elena and Jeremy really need a father figure in their lives since all their blood relatives are dead. It's really quite sad. I don't know how I would deal if I was in the same position. Now on to TSC.

It has become much more difficult for the teenagers to control their magic since the arrival of Cassie. Magic is apparently magnified by emotions more easily. Clearly, Cassie and Adam can't be around each other without feeling entirely drawn to each other. I don't know if this is a good or a bad sign. I don't want them to be together just because of fate. Well, he's still with Diana and in love with her at this point. I don't know how quickly this will change. Apparently, Melissa has feelings for Nick. I mean they are sleeping with each other, but I don't think they're exclusive. Melissa certainly looked jealous when watching him dance with Faye. Which brings me to what happened later in this scene. Faye almost killed Sally when she interrupted an argument between Cassie and Faye. Amazingly, Dawn was able to save Sally using this mysterious white crystal. All of these crystals were supposed to be destroyed according to Faye's grandfather (I think he's her grandfather), but nope there was one left. I thought Dawn was going to turn out to not be so bad, but she killed the old man when he asked for the crystal, which Dawn had originally gotten from Charles. She doesn't want to kill innocent children but she doesn't seem opposed to murdering adults if they're going to interfere with her plans. Because she didn't want to see anyone else get hurt, Cassie decided to bind the circle with the other five teenagers. From the preview for next week, I'm not sure that there aren't going to be consequences. I'm glad that Diana finally admitted that she doesn't know what she's doing. This magic stuff seems to be some powerful stuff especially since you can make something happen by just commanding it to happen. This version of magic is quite different then your usual wands and potions. On a final note, I think it's significant that Cassie's father apparently also died by fire. I'm not sure if I caught this correctly, but that's what it sounded like, early in the episode, when Adam was talking about their parents' circle and his knowledge of what happened that led to magic being forbidden. Hmm....I'm very intrigued by this and definitely want to learn more.

Tomorrow, I will be discussing the Nikita and Supernatural season premieres.

No comments:

Post a Comment